Pope: Safe drinking water is a human right, not merchandise

BC-EU-REL–Vatican-Water
Eds: APNewsNow. With AP Photos.
VATICAN CITY (AP) — Pope Francis has affirmed that access to clean water is a human right and that it’s “enormously shameful” that millions of people get sick and die each year for lack of it.

In a message to a water management conference Thursday, Francis lamented that war, corruption and financial interests often get in the way of providing universal access to clean water for all.

He said recognition of access to clean water as a basic human right is “incompatible” with the concept of water as merchandise to be bought and sold.

The United Nations first recognized the legal right to safe drinking water in 2010. The U.N. says poverty, pollution and climate change are depleting water resources globally, with some 884 million people without access to improved sources of drinking water.

715 Replies to “Pope: Safe drinking water is a human right, not merchandise”

1. Greetings from Carolina! I’m bored to tears at work so I decided to browse your site on my iphone
    during lunch break. I love the information you present here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home.
    I’m amazed at how quick your blog loaded on my cell phone ..

I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow,
    good blog!

2. I love looking through a post that can make people think. Also, many thanks for permitting me to comment!

3. Upon finishing this informative article, you
    can determine the very best characteristics for almost any
    dart. The Solar Blast weighs about 11 lbs and will be hung so the bulls eye
    is 5′ 8″ from the floor, that would be eye level for the 6′ person. As you may may have learned, you’ll find various ways to throw a dart, and there are also different ways to throw it completely wrong.

4. Details of hardware materials suppliers, hardware traders in UAE. Carpentry Tools, Plumbing Materials retailers, dealers, and hardware trading stores. Click here to view 130+ verified listings.

5. 371396 426391I really dont accept this specific article. Nonetheless, I had searched with Google and Ive located out that youre right and I had been thinking within the improper way. Maintain on creating top quality material similar to this. 221913

6. Строительно-монтажные работы на высоком уровне. Пластиковые окна, входные и межкомнатные двери, заборы, кровля и фасад.
    http://plaststroy64.ru/

7. https://malinka64.ru/
    Если вы хотите получить профессиональный эротический массаж – то нет ничего проще. Закрывайте глаза, думайте о чем – то приятном, а наши специалисты помогут вам окунуться в мир нежных эротических снов, откуда не хочется возвращаться.